Thursday, June 25, 2015

You Know What Happens When You Knock On Doors? Sometimes They Open.



My group, Lisa, Kelly, Annie and I, looked around downtown to find something interesting to video. We found a really cool mural and gravitated toward it, but as we got closer, we saw that it was a youth theater! We tried the doors but unfortunately they were locked.

Before we moved on to plan E, plans A-D were already taken, a young man named Israel opened the door.  The kids where the ones to tell him that "people with video cameras were outside".  Lisa convinced him to do a little interview and he allowed us to come in and take some video.

It was exciting to get out and about and push our comfort zone.  What is refreshing is that you never know what will happen, especially while out with a video camera!  I've used video equipment before, but never to interview someone, so this assignment was a new experience for me.

I went back and re-edited to blur out the kiddos because there were a few who signed a photo/video non-consent form.  I don't think those kids are on the video but I just wanted to be sure before I posted our test video on here.  This was a great experience and I look forward to doing this production exercise with my students.





Victoria Tijerina
Moises E Molina High School
Dallas, Texas

2 comments:

  1. Yes, that is so true. It's important for us to to step out of your comfort zones and explore. It feels good. Great job on the test video. I especially enjoyed the the b-roll shots of the sheet music, the ASU building and the mural. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria, This was a BLAST! This whole day was so hard to do and you were calm, cool, collected and got all the shots. If we were to do this again, I learned to scoot closer to the person being interviewed. The next video with Mike Reilley, we killed it. This one, the "trial" was a great learning experience. Getting more "B" shots... necessary. I'll be teaching that one to my kids. Your panning moves rock. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete