Thursday, June 25, 2015

Infographics and Visual Appeal




Today's session on infographics was informative. Even though I tend to shy away from Easelly, I do recommend it for transitional purposes. Students can use a template or start fresh with a blank canvas. There is a menu for determined objects, charts, backgrounds, and shapes. Students work within these stock objects.     http://www.easel.ly/



It is very good to begin the transition journey of creating infographics. Eventually, I prefer students move to creating graphics directly with Indesign and Infogram https://infogr.am/

Al Schleicher
Los Angeles Leadership Academy
Los Angeles, California




3 comments:

  1. Alan Weintraut did an outstanding job introducing infographics in his Graphics: A Simple Start session. I enjoyed the historical dimension of the presentation. I feel as I update now and look forward to sharing this information with my students and exploring how we can incorporate it into our newsmagazine and news show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not that I shied away from using infographics, I just didn't know HOW to use them. I also loved our history lessons, but one thing I wanted was some practice time to make an infographic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids love using infographics. I teach my J1 kids by writing a feature story and then making an infographic on piktochart. I had an amazing editor this year who would spend hours creating her own graphics. However, I will need to teach my kids how to do this on Photoshop.

    ReplyDelete