Friday, June 26, 2015

When volleyball invades your world!

The middle school volleyball girls running down the hotel hallways, filling the elevators and stumbling around the college cafeteria bring me back to the reality that I'll be back working with my students in about 6 weeks or less.

While I'm not looking forward to it right now, once I meet up with them I'll be all in.  I love my students...which is a good thing and a bad thing.

Good because: I enjoy working with them a majority of the time. :) They're a lot of fun and I care about them!

And bad because: I also tend to defend them until the end, especially when it comes to defending them to the principals. :( After listening to our mentor teacher this week I've realized that I need to step back and let my students do their own talking.  I just don't want the admin to bully them.  It hurts my heart when they get hurt by these people they've looked up to for so many years.

Megan Youngblood
Marcus High School
Lewisville, Texas

1 comment:

  1. We teach because of our students. Students keep teachers in education.

    While finding a balance is good, it is great you care!

    Lisa Cass
    Independence HS
    Glendale, Arizona

    ReplyDelete