Friday, June 26, 2015





My Boss is Bigger Than NYC

Yesterdays session made me realize that in year two of my relationship with my principal, I have

been shirking away from him. He is big and imposing; 6'4", 350 pounds (he told us this, I did not

weigh him) and he tends to surround himself with other Spanish speakers at my school.

I came to realize that I am not sure what he stands for and I need to know that. He came to our

school after several other assignments at schools which were closed by the DOE for lack of

performance. DWC has long been on that list and rumors have circulated that he is a DOE hit man.

But maybe not. Maybe he really does want to make DWC 'The high school of choice for families in

the Bronx" as he so often says. I had better find out. I already made an appointment.

Ann Neary
DeWitt Clinton High School
Bronx, NY







1 comment:

  1. Like you, I have a big boss. We ended the year on a rough note. He changed several teachers schedules on the last day of school and told us as we were leaving. It wasn't pretty.

    He hates confrontation. He loves to say "yes" whether he can deliver or not. ( He needs that chat where you under promise and over deliver...) I haven't forgiven him yet and I'm still very angry.

    I'm hoping he sees the error of his ways. He needs to revisit the schedule he created and find better solutions to the overcrowding at the school. I'm think he feels pressure from the top down and we all knows how the crap rolls...

    I hope to ask him some of the questions from the speaker to get to know more of his vision because up until now, I would have said his vision is to "Beat Bellevue." We have no chance at beating Bellevue at anything, but it's a nice idea.

    ReplyDelete