Friday, June 26, 2015

What I've Learned So Far

As I consider what I have learned over the last four days, I have come to realize the following:

1. I may not have the skill set, experience, and awards of Alan Weintraut, but I can still have a product for my audience.
Yearbook signing of The Stampede.  Photo by Sharon Fonzo

2. I may not have a production room, but classroom B103 is my second  home.  And I have a messy desk.  A messy counter top, a messy bookshelf, a messy cabinet.

3. I may not have the photography background of Dave Seibert and Brandon Quester, but I do have fancy cameras!  Some schools have no equipment,

4. Editing videos and audio frightens the hell out of me; I should cancel that job interview with Melanie Alvarez and Brian Rackham.  Although I do admit it was fun playing in the elevator conducting a phone interview.

5. Dr. Sharon Bramlett-Solomon is someone I'd love to chat with again.  And a few more times!

6. The Westboro Baptist assholes are educated in first amendment rights.  Thanks for that little tidbit Joe Russomanno.

7. I am amazed at the different angles of a sports story my students could tackle.  Game summary recaps are forever banned!  Paola Boivin will be proud.
Web-based news site averages 100 hits per day.  Photo by Sharon Fonzo


8. Social Media is still out of my realm, but I think I can get there during the upcoming school year.  I know I can reach out to Mike Reilley.

9. I never had shitty bosses!  I have heard horror stories over the years and count my blessings that my principals past and present have never been evil. Thank you Kristin Gilger.

10. Rebecca Blatt from the PIN Bureau is an amazing person and someone I look forward to working with in the future.  I have already signed up as a source.  I will have my students sign up as a source.  This project is killing me, but I am also going to be a better educator because of this week.

11. Anita Luera is a QUEEN!

12. Steve Elliott- you frighten and intimidate me, but I respect the hell out of you.  You've pushed me out of my comfort zone, but that only means you're doing your job.

13. Chris Callahan was seen walking to the parking garage without a can of Coke in his hand.  I really wanted to take a picture!

14. I finally have a home for the Class of 2015 Senior Stampede magazine.  Thanks again Alan!  Please click on the link to view our very first issue! 


                                 http://issuu.com/sharonfonzo/docs/senior_stampede_kf


Sharon Fonzo
Poston Butte HS
San Tan Valley, Arizona


1 comment:

  1. Sharon, I love your breakdown of the week. It is so fitting. I, too, haven't had any really bad bosses, and I truly count my blessings for it. However, in 10 years of advising, I have had times when they have gotten frustrated with a story here and there. It is amazing to me how quickly they can change from being extremely friendly to extremely angry! Luckily, however, my past history of being a hard worker and a friendly teacher has helped tremendously to get through their frustrations and figure out a way to get a good solution to the issue. Most of the time they try to be reasonable and ALL of the time I try to be reasonable.

    ReplyDelete