Friday, June 26, 2015

I Pulled a Homer

With the end of our time in Arizona very quickly coming to an end, I have already started writing and reflecting on what I have learned.

 It's amazing thinking of all the modules studied and worked, reading in the textbooks, critiquing, interviewing, writing, editing, photography, planning, and learning I've completed even with a full day of class left to go!  At times in the past I've felt like an idiot who wasn't sure where to look for resources to help.  I've done the trial by fire at my school.  I feel so prepared now.  I've gained a new perspective.   I've done assignments I give my kids but haven't done myself in almost a decade.   This has been a great experience even with the added stress and lack of sleep.  In the process I have made great new friends and contacts I can seek for help. I don't feel near as big of an idiot as I did when I started this journey.  I'm still excited to work tomorrow and get as much information and learning as I can.  I hope I don't lose anything because of that crayon I stuck up my nose that one time. I am so S-M-R-T!

Garrett Herbst
Ronald Reagan High School
San  Antonio, Texas


1 comment:

  1. Garrett, I ditto your sentiments on this week. In some ways, I don't want it to end!! I hope they manage to find a way to do more of these in the future. As a journalism teacher, there is nothing that rivals this experience.

    ReplyDelete