Friday, June 26, 2015

Da Man



I grew up watching the CBS Evening news with my family.  Each evening after dinner we would gather around the television to watch see what Walter Cronkite had to share with us.  I said all that just to say that it has been a pleasure to have been chosen to participate in the Donald W. Reynolds Foundation.





Although, this week has been extremely hectic and busy it's been fun.  I have learned so much from everybody this week and it's just been amazing.




I'm still pinching myself because I don't believe I'm here.  I'm in the building named after "Da Man," I grew up watching and listening to after dinner with my family.  







Thanks again Reynolds Foundation and ASNE I am honored and humbled by this wonderful experience.










Bernice Young
Oakleaf High School
Orange Park, Florida

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Bernice. I, too, grew up with Walter Cronkite as "the news man." I am overwhelmed with the amount of knowledge I have gained from not just the presenters but also from the other publications educators that have attended. It's been a fabulous use of my time and I am thankful that this opportunity was afforded to me. Thank-you, thank-you.

    ReplyDelete