Friday, June 26, 2015

I'm a slow llama!

I was definitely a slow llama during this week. It started a few days before flying from Texas to Arizona that I had a melt down. I missed the first deadline with the teach-in and examples. Since I assumed that I was the only one, I started asking how to pay for the plane ticket. However, finding out that I was not the only one, I frantically got everything together and the next brick wall hit! I knew nothing about goggle.docs. So, as soon as my college-age son returned from work, he had to help me submit the links. But, we didn't do the 'public' setting, so I had to figure it out the next day. His comment when I called him was, "Mom, goggle how to goggle.doc!"

The phrase originated from Doug Curry who is a teacher trainer for No Excuses University. He is the 'llama trainer' for AISD and promotes exceptional classroom management skills. Basically, he tells us that we must be 'running fast' to stay ahead of the cougars (students) who want to devour us and will if we are slow or wounded. He made funny videos to get the point across and is an excellent speaker.

So, with all the information presented this week, I truly feel like a slow llama.

1 comment:

  1. When Friday rolled around last week, I neared towards a panic attack. I started to respond to threads on the ASNEChat.org website about a week ahead of time. However, it was not until Friday did I realize where the modules were. Friday and Saturday turned into Reynolds Institute homework days. After this week, I want to go back and look at those modules. I probably will understand more now after this week's intensive.

    I am glad that you made it out here. I hope to see some of your work via email.

    Esther Bateson
    Basha High School
    Chandler, AZ

    ReplyDelete