Monday, June 22, 2015

Strobe Lighting, Don't Dog It!

The photojournalism presentation was really informative.  One of the things Dave Seibert mentioned in the presentation was using a strobe light.  While I have strobes, I try not to let students use them too much because it seems like it washes out skin tones.  We mainly purchased them to use in the basketball gyms because the lighting is so bad, but he had several examples beyond sports.  

Then he mentioned a website: strobist.com.

After looking at it and their flickr site...(see below) there are some fantastic strobe photos.  It seems like the strobe would be a great tool for taking a portrait for a feature story.  Why hadn't I thought of this before?!  As I'm looking I'm getting more and more ideas.  Strobes - to use or not to use?  Taking this site back to my staff photographers for inspiration.




Megan Youngblood
Marcus High School
Lewisville, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment