Thursday, June 25, 2015

Polish Slidehshow Swag for your Site



 Cincopa- Slideshow making site


 Cincopa-slideshow for web site

As part of our multimedia project, I took on the slideshare portion. We interviewed Mike Reilley in the digital production lab and I shot a 20-ish photos with a simple point and shoot camera. Then, I did a little be of research and found Cincopa.

It's a simple drag and drop website for students to put their photos and add captions for their website.  The site converts any oversized files for you. It's possible to type captions right in the description boxes that will display along the bottom of  your photos as they show on the screen.

The best part was using www.freemusicarchive.org . It was easy to find some great music to add to the slideshow. It took about 10 seconds to download and two to upload onto the website and voilá!  The "skins" as they call the backdrops are great. Professional and easy to look at. The issue was downloading the plug-in on the word-press site and it was fairly simple (according to Steve Elliott). As far as ease of use, I'd give it an 9 out of 10. It makes simple music slideshows of events in about 20 minutes. (I was a little slower the first time as I learned it, but now that I've used it, I think I could make another one in just a couple minutes.) High recommendation.

Annie Green
Glacier Peak High School
Snohomish, Washington






2 comments:

  1. That sounds pretty simple. I will give it a shot. I'm overwhelmed with all of the sound tools that we have been given, but I'm excited to try some out. Also thanks for the music download site. I will use that for sure.

    Larry Steinmetz
    Bullitt East High School
    Mount Washington, KY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly I'm tired. I read "Polish Slideshow..." and couldn't for the life of me figure out why the slideshow had such an ethnicity attached to it or if it was the start of a politically incorrect joke. I think I need to go beat down some volleyball players making noise in the hallway and call it a night!

    ReplyDelete