Saturday, June 27, 2015

Movie Haters


                                                             Dead Poets Society (1989)

Oh, to that one movie hater - not cool.  Seriously, I love the movie Dead Poets Society.  It's about inspiring students to see life from a different perspective.  As an English teacher, the connection with Whitman and the dramatization of a Midsummer's Night Dream makes my heart melt.  However, as a teacher in general, the inspiration piece does it for me.  It is my go-to movie when I need a reset.  It shows us what we want for our kids. We want to empower our students.  We want them to stand up for what's right.  We want to allow an open dialogue for them to solve problems.  Dead Poets Society is a teacher movie, yes, for the reason that we want to students find their voice.

Esther Bateson
Basha High School
Chandler, AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment