Friday, June 26, 2015

Lovin' Libraries



Yes. It's true. I've fallen in love at the Reynolds institute... no Kelly, not with you, but with these InDesign libraries. We've used them in the past for graphics consistency and NOW we'll be using many more style palettes for our text. It will save us from having size 4 photo credits and size 6 photo credits. The horror. It is embarrassing and we've needed to reel in the style differences from section to section for a long time. I'm excited that we will be able to have consistent copy, headline styles as well as graphics.

I learned that there are many more menu choices in the style pallet for Paragraph styles. I learned about ligatures and how they will or won't affect my serif font choices. The affair continues.

I've known for a long time about the basic choices in the style palettes, the leading and size differentiation. I didn't know the specificity with regards to first line indents and that we could finally get rid of all hyphens. THAT was worth the price of admission right there. Wait, this week was free. This is free love. Apparently love is love all over the place today.

Annie Green
Glacier Peak High School
Snohomish, Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment