Friday, June 26, 2015

I'm so ready to go home, but I'm not ready to leave

There is something to be said for teachers taking a week from their families to be students again.  At times this week I was overwhelmed, confused and irritated.  Other times I was inspired, excited and entertained!
The first thing I'm going to do when I get home is love on my daughter. Holy crap! I have missed her something fierce. My husband will be on an all-dad's golf trip, and I'm totally cool with that because I will get Ella all to myself tomorrow night. I will listen to all of her shenanigans in Muleshoe (where I grew up), and her time with my childhood friends' kids. I will rest and reset, plan my grocery list and cook and basically be my normal self. This will be a welcomed break for the week.  But, I know me, and I will be homesick for my new friends and I will want some Reynolds time.  I will take out everything...every note I scribbled down, every worksheet I finished, every project completed, and I will plan a kick-ass publications program for New Braunfels High School.  Then I will go Las Vegas and get into yearbook mode and do the same thing all over during the second week of July.
My concern is that I will sit back and forget all of my ideas and inspiration, so I will need all of you to text or call me twice a week!

1 comment:

  1. After arriving home on Saturday night, I will be headed to Buenos Aires, Argentina (somewhere I've never been). I feel like I'll be going from one whirlwind to another. Literally. I just want this adrenaline rush I have to be with me when school starts in August!

    ReplyDelete