Sunday, June 28, 2015

Digital Photography


Being a digital photography novice came with many challenges during my first year as a journalism adviser. The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby turned out to be an excellent purchase for myself and my students.


The seminars at the institute will also turn out to be a big help for lessons on photography. Students frequently believe that they should always use a flash and make mistakes with color. The book has excellent units on using flash, creating studio, truth about lenses, shooting photography, how to shoot outdoors, portraits, sports photography, and the importance of avoiding problems. 

I would like students to use their phones more often, and I think the photography sessions using phones will create a more "professional" environment for my students.

Al Schleicher
Los Angeles Leadership Academy
Los Angeles, California

1 comment:

  1. I use information from Scott Kelby all of the time with my journalism students. My next step on my professional bucket list would be to attend Photoshop World in Las Vegas. I have always gotten a world of information from his website, his books and Twitter! Follow him! You won't be sorry.

    Heather Eaton
    La Joya Community High School
    Avondale, Arizona

    ReplyDelete