Monday, June 22, 2015

Cronkite School offers more



I've been aware of a number of journalism schools and thought I had a fairly decent idea of what they offered. I had no idea.

From this point forward, I will tell my students about Arizona State University and its wonderful downtown location and what that has to offer. The location offers so much in the way of internships and even if they never left the Cronkite building, they would still be light years ahead of many of them.

Chris Callahan said he was on the accreditation team and that he's learned what schools do well (and what should be emulated) and that some of them are still in the far distant history. I believe that.

Since I teach at a school that is diverse and has 40 percent Latino population, I can see worlds of opportunity for these students who don't think they belong in the media.

I look forward to getting the heroin video and sharing it with my classes--and to telling them it was created by students three years older than they are. It should show them they can.

Judy Babb
West Mesquite High School
Mesquite, Texas

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. Makes me even happier to work here.

    Steve Elliott
    Arizona State University
    Phoenix

    ReplyDelete