Monday, June 22, 2015

Equipment = Money

I have always relied on the intelligence of my students when it came to handling cameras and other equipment and the technology like Photoshop, Premiere and other software.  They have always known so much more, and if they don't know they pick it up so quickly from one another.

My frustration and worries have been more along the lines of finding the money somewhere to purchase the equipment that they need, keeping it organized and safe and putting it away at the end of the day when they forget to!  While these are all very important aspects to my job title, I am hoping that I can learn some tricks of the trade myself!  I would love to be able to show my students how to edit instead of the other way around.

Getting into the programs and spending time in them editing is really one of the only ways to learn how to navigate and work them, and I don't know about anyone else but I don't have time during the school year to do that.  I am hoping that during this upcoming week I can roll up my sleeves and spend some time working in these programs and learn my way around.

Terri Hall
Davis High School
Kaysville, Utah

1 comment:

  1. This is my same problem. I know how to open InDesign, but that's the extent of my knowledge of the program. It makes me anxious not to understand the programs like my students do, and I hate not being able to answer their questions. I need time to use the programs and build my own skills. Newspaper is often thrown at teachers with not much preparation time. It's sad but true.

    Emily Sell
    Bingham High School
    South Jordan, Utah

    ReplyDelete