Friday, June 26, 2015

Acceptance of the Tweet

Wow...140 characters or less takes a lot of time.

This week has shown me the vast world of Twitter, and, gasp, am I addicted now?

Since it started, I stayed away from the social media scene.

Having to tweet to #reynasu has made me see why this thing is so darn popular.

What excitement there is when someone like @journtoolbox has “favorited your Tweet,” or someone like @elliott602az has “retweeted you.”

You mean someone it taking the time to stop his scrolling to read what I have to say?

The power of each character is what I like about it. I like straight to the point. 

I actually find it exhilarating to get a Tweet at exactly 140 characters the first time, without having to revise my complete sentence. Must be a teacher trait.

You can spend hours tracking the news and the latest happenings.

Whatever it is, I can’t seem to stop checking posts from those I follow - for the first time in my life, I am a follower, something I thought I wouldn’t be.

Still, now I see Twitter for more of what it is intended to be.

Twitter defined in 140 characters or less: it’s a tool to communicate and connect. (39 characters)

Lisa Cass
Independence HS
Glendale, Arizona

1 comment:

  1. I had actually never tweeted before this week. I am amazed by the power of the succinctly written tweet and am going to figure out how to have more fun with this and use it more effectively as a teacher and adviser.

    ReplyDelete